weekend with my grandparents


this weekend my grandparents visited our farm & stayed the night with us. there's nothing quite like sharing your little farm with the farming generation. my grandpa is a retired farmer & i love hearing his stories. during those times, his family farmed to eat. 


my grandparents are amazing people. my grandpa grew up very poor & learned to "keep on, keepin' on," which led him to farming successfully. my grandma is a homemaker, writer & poet. she's deeply spiritual & was crunchy before it was cool. they're lively & fun with so much to share. 


during their short stay, we sat around many tables, breaking bread & sharing stories of their past & dreams for the future. we talked about farming, raising children, books, marriage, faith & so much more. i want to bottle up these moments with these two.

love you, grandma & grandpa!
love,
natalie

1 comment:

emcr1229 said...

What an amazing gift you received. I miss my grandparents. Enjoy your time with them

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips