handmade girlie baby gift idea


sometimes i get the itch to make.

that itch usually hits in the late hours of the evening & well into the wee morning hours. thankfully, as i was brainstorming what to gift my dear friend wendy's baby on the way, i was hit with the desire to make her babe a mini tutu & headbands during a snow day.

bless the snow day.


as the snow flakes fell & covered the ground, i sewed up a couple of headbands from my shop in various tiny baby sizes. be still, my heart. i brought out the felt, made little rosettes & adorned those wee headbands. i. can't. even. 

wendy is the mama of two little boys so we all squealed in delight when we found out she was having a girl. so naturally, all little girls need tutus. 

i cut up strips of tulle & tied them to the band of elastic. it was such a simple project & took me about one hour. here's a similar tutorial!



i found those cute storage bins at target for $1 each. i love gifting storage bins that the recipient can reuse (tip: neutral color bins make it easier for them to match their current decor colors)! i placed everything in the crate with sheets of tissue paper & tied the gift with a big burlap bow (ribbon from hobby lobby)


a bit of pink twine & a little owl tag completed the gift!


sometimes the best gifts are the ones we slow down just long enough to make on a beautiful snow day.

what are some of your favorite gifts to make new mamas?

here are two more handmade gift ideas for the new mama: sensitive skin laundry detergent & a baby quilt!

love,
natalie

2 comments:

Living on Love said...

Oh my gosh, I think Margot needs one of those headbands!

Katie said...

What a special gift for a baby girl!

When attending a shower, I always try to give something practical and something "pretty". If I'm able to attend a market, I love to support local makers by purchasing baby items that I can tuck away until the next new arrival. A package of wipes, diapers, or facecloths and a cute outfit round out the gift.

Before I had a little one of my own, I loved making the gifts myself, but for the next little while, the time isn't there, but I still try to make my own greeting card or tag. Lately, I've given a name or initial banner or pendant that I created in fun colours with felt, new and vintage materials and burlap to some of my closest friends that have recently welcomed a baby of their own. The handmade touches are the best!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips