a saturday photo walk


last saturday i woke up with the sun & met three of my good girlfriends for a photo walk around our downtown square. my friend, nikki of nikki toth photography, is a professional photographer & guided us on our photo walk. she has amazing talent (she took our family photos last year!) & a wealth of knowledge. it was such a gift to learn a bit from her.

here are a few snapshots from my camera on our walk...













a lot of my creative work is task-driven & marked with deadlines. it was incredibly inspiring to spend the morning with just my camera & a few girlfriends shooting at my leisure. i left feeling recharged & spent the rest of the day crafting & sewing. 

thanks so much, ladies! i can't wait to do it again! xo.

have you ever gone on a photo walk? how to you recharge creatively & get inspired? please share!

love,
natalie

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I Love Fayetteville's square. I can't get there very often - I shop Siloam Springs Farmer's Market because it's closer. I want to get back over there to see how the flowers have grown over the summer.

Ali @ Anything You Want said...

Wandering around and taking photographs is one of my absolute favorite ways to explore a city! There are so many great details that you notice through a camera lens. Of course it is also a great way to explore without spending a lot of money!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, beautiful shots! I love the first photo especially.
I also usally take my camera with me whenever I go for a walk. Sometimes I feel inspired and stop all the time to take photos, sometimes I just don't take any, but I love trying to look at the landscape with a (totally amateur) photographer's eye, noticing light, shadows, and little details. I always come home feeling so relaxed after that.

Amy said...

i absolutely love this idea!

Unknown said...

This is such a great way to get out and see how beautiful things are around you. You don't have to spend money or go far away to be inspired in our beautiful state!

Janna said...

Super fun - and beautiful images, Natalie. Need to do this...especially since we have a cool spell.
Hugs!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips