our coffee bar!


i am so excited to share with you the newest corner of our home- our coffee bar! 

it all started with this beat up old dresser from goodwill for $10...



i love creating corners with purpose in our home. corners that are fully lived in & enjoyed by our family & guests. we love hosting parties, potlucks, craft nights & more. it's so nice to have this space for our guests to make coffee, hot cocoa & tea on a whim. 


as always, my budget was small. thankfully, my parents purchased the keurig as a christmas gift for our home (thanks, mom & dad!). i had some money saved up & was able to splurge just a bit & spend under $150 on this project. 


i re-used containers, including these jars our neighbor gave me, to hold hot cocoa, marshmallows & tea.


i painted the old dresser & added new knobs from hobby lobby. i purchased the large container that holds the k-cups from target for less than $10 & thrifted the sugar container for less than $1. i adorned my containers with brown tags & brown labels i already had in my stash.


i purchased the yellow mugs from ikea on our recent trip to houston. i just love them. 


i am so happy with the way this little corner turned out! c'mon over & have a cup of cheer anytime!

sources:
- wooden shelf supports from ikea with matching wood from home depot cut to size
- collection of mugs thrifted & from anthropologie
love,
natalie

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

so adorable.

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

I love it so much! It makes me want a little coffee nook for our home :)

Andrea said...

your home decor ideas are so fabulous! thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

This turned out so cute!!!! I am loving that mint color you used !! Way to redo that dresser ;)

Sheila said...

Looks great! I just ordered honey sticks to put with my basket of tea bags at our drink station....I am not much of a tea drinker, but if I do, I need plenty of honey! ;). I am envious of your red rooster cup! ;)

Jen said...

So fun! I'm wondering two things: what color did you choose for the dresser? What do you keep in the dresser?

Another random question/blog request: what is your cleaning schedule like? I know you have doggies (we have kitties) and I wonder how you keep the hair and dust at bay which is ever-present with animals in the house (especially with items left out open on shelves).

Love seeing purposeful corners of your home!

Anonymous said...

I love this! We are big fans off coffee in our house, and I am in the process of doing a coffee bar in our kitchen. Yours is just too sweet! :)

Christy @ MCH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Love this space

Katie said...

Such a cozy coffee corner! I'd also like to know the name of your paint colour - the mint and yellow look so nice with the natural wood. Great job!

Jess said...

what a bright, happy corner! I SO wish I could come over, pet the goats, and have a cup of cheer with you, sweet friend. I'll have to visit with the kids sometime. :)

meghan doherty said...

Can you share where you bought the clock? Thanks!!

Natalie Freeman said...

meghan, it's originally from ikea, but i purchased it from a yard sale!

Unknown said...

Love this idea! I need to clear up some counter space in my kitchen and this is perfect! :)

Nicole said...

How did you put the hooks into the bottom of the shelf? Where and what kind of hooks? Thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

Hey I loooove this setup!!:) can you tell me where u got the shelves from?

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips