i've come to love the winter season. it's the calm before the busyness of spring. it's a time to relax & cozy up by the fire with a cup of tea. of course, the novelty of the winter season can sometimes wear off before the days grow warmer & longer.
that's why i thought i'd share with you a list of ways to erase those winter blues.
1. bring nature in. purchase a bouquet of fresh flowers from the grocery store. a fun activity we love to do is force bulbs inside. paperwhites are my favorite.
2. bake something. i love nothing more than spending time in the kitchen dirtying up bowls with ingredients such as flour, melted butter, brown sugar, & chocolate chips oh my! it's good for the soul, my friend.
3. plan an elaborate meal & invite friends over to feast. the oven will warm up your home & conversation will warm your heart. play a board game, too. we are settlers of catan addicts!
4. learn a new hobby. around this time each year, i make a quilt. it's refreshing to see all of that color as i sew. dig into that stack of books you've been dying to read or take a pottery class. embrace your time indoors with interesting activities.
5. eat well! eat color! it just makes sense. eating good food will help you fight off those winter blues & make you feel better from the inside out! decorate your plate with colorful foods like greens, carrots, red cabbage & more. slowly savor your meals. set the table & light candles. you're sure to feel better once you've taken your last bite.
how do you fight the winter blues? please share!