in 2014, i realized one big thing.
i can make choices that make my days, weeks, months & even years better. meaning, i have this big ol' super power to make intentional choices, moves & decisions each day that will make my life easier & brighter.
today i want to share with you five tips that i have implemented in my own life that i hope will make your 2015 even better, brighter & easier...
1. find a tribe & build community: i don't want to hear your excuses. call up some gals, text some acquaintances, write a status on facebook & put out a call on instagram. do it. now! start a book club, coordinate a play group or meet for coffee.
i used to not be a tribe believer; i was certain quality groups of girlfriends weren't possible after college. people just don't get me. i am a weirdo blogger after all. but after a series of unfortunate friend events, i finally threw in the towel & asked some girls to weekly coffee. i mean really, could it get any worst? my people, we are still meeting weekly for coffee & it's the best thing ever. so make that call & schedule that meet-up in 2015.
2. budget: budgeting looks different for everyone & there is no right way to make intentional financial decisions. whatever way you choose to track your spending & earnings, just do it. i can't wait to share how we budget (an upcoming blog post scheduled for late january...), but until then sit down with pen & paper (& your partner if you have one!) & start creating a budget. there is freedom in a budget, friends.
3. sign up for epantry!: my friends, i have never loved a company quite as much as i love epantry. look at my face when i tell you i've got a deep love for these people & their goods.
i signed up for an epantry subscription in 2014 & this sister will never go back! just a bit about epantry - epantry is a fantastic company that sends your favorite cleaning supplies right to your door. they're cheaper than what you'll find at the store & you can make thoughtful decisions about what you need versus that impulse purchase i know i tend to make at target. epantry also helps me to budget my household spending, which is always a plus.
the folks at epantry are sweet as pie & they are offering natalie creates readers $10 off their first month's purchase, free shipping AND a free mrs. meyer's hand soap. woo hoo! just click the link right here to join (there's no catch, i pinkie promise!) & never run out of toilet paper again!
4. hire a housekeeper: it took months for us to budget a housekeeper, but once we did, i'm fairly certain i heard a choir of angels singing. my housekeeper, amanda, is my favorite person on this earth. she comes just once a month (that's all we can afford!) & she does the dirty work i avoid like the plague. she dusts my open cabinets, cleans the baseboards, scrubs our dirty fridge & mops my floors. ask around & find a recommended housekeeper in your area that works with your budget. i can't wait to see how it decreases your overall stress to come home to a cleaner, more relaxing home.
5. schedule date nights: we budget about $40 a month for dates. oftentimes those dates look like movies on the couch in our pjs & sometimes our dates are at a fancy restaurant in our sunday's best. whatever date nights look like for you, plan & schedule more intentional time with your partner in 2015. tip for partners with kids: my girlfriends with children swap date nights. while one couple is off on a date, the other watches both sets of kids. try it! it's free & it builds community. awesome.
please tell me! what tips do you have to share that make your days easier & brighter? i'd love to read your thoughts!