company muffins




     In changing my major to Special Education, I've brought on a huge workload that requires me being on campus from 7:30 to 4:00 most days. Also, planning a wedding for the summer doesn't help in my need for "me time," but this afternoon, I sat aside some time to make company muffins, a recipe from Simply in Season, my very favorite cookbook.
     These muffins are perfect for morning when you must grab something & go. Also, this recipe includes ingredients that are in season, naturally sweet, & are healthy.
I hope you make & enjoy!
------
Company Muffins Recipe:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat bran or rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
In large bowl combine & stir well.
2 large tart apples (peeled, cored, & shredded)
1 1/2 cups carrots (finely shredded)
1 cup walnuts (chopped) or flax seed meal - I used 1/2 cup wheat germ instead
1/2 cup raisins
Add & stir to coat. Make well in center.
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
In seperate bowl mix together. Pour into flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake in preheated oven at 375F for 18-20 minutes. Yields 18 muffins.

love,
Natalie

ps. the beauty, the symbolism that I am his & he is mine, forever. :)

3 comments:

fawn & fern said...

first of all, the ring is so amazing! even more beautiful than i pictured it being!

second of all, i'm a little upset at the fact that i didn't even knowww that your major is special education until i read this post!

third of all, send me a muffin in the mail.

fourth of all, i love you. & your valentines day card brightened my day the other day!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

The ring IS amazing!! Very beautiful. Antique?

Those muffins do look de-lish!! I'll have to make for sure.

Special Education, huh?! God love you!

Mark Samuel Monroe said...

I will have to try those muffins. Perhaps that could be a weekend activity for me!

You can do anything if you put your mind to it Natalie. You're so talented, and I don't even have to be that close to you to be inspired by your great spirit.

;]

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips