max patch.





while in north carolina, luke & I spent an afternoon high up in the mountains, on max patch. it was a breath-taking view; on a clear day, you can see 100 miles in every direction.
we walked up the trail to the clearing & found delicious, ripe blackberries & many types of wildflowers & medicinal herbs. we spent some time at the top, making photos & eating our packed lunches. it was such an incredible afternoon.
now, back in columbia, I crave the quiet of the blue ridge mountains & the clean air you breath in at the very top. we've been unpacking our apartment for three days now. yesterday, after coming home from work, I found luke in our apartment, with built bookcases, curtains hung, & boxes unpacked. he's too good :)
I have so much to blog about & I promise I'll catch up in the next few weeks. until then, I have to finish more of my to-do's!

6 comments:

Luke Freeman said...

You left out the best picture! (wink)

In the midst of the busyness of life right now, it would be wonderful to be transported instantly to the Blue Ridge Mountains, to the top of Max Patch. But even though life can feel overwhelming, I am so happy to be living it with you. I'm ready to face the most challenging of times ahead as long as you are by my side.

your companion, your husband, your best friend

fawn & fern said...

These. are. incredible.

i am speechless. i love you!

Kelsey W. said...

I really love the picture of Luke from far away! And now I have a huge craving for blackberries.

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Beautiful photos!!!

Makes me want the quietness and peacefulness of it all.

Madiken said...

Your photos are lovely. I just wonder about something. How old are you? :)

Natalie Freeman said...

madiken,

I am twenty :)

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips