i feel like there are two kinds of people in the world. waffle people & pancake people.
we are obviously waffle people.
this morning i want to share our whole wheat, refined sugar-free waffle recipe. it's perfect for those birthday morning traditions, snow days & even breakfast for dinner evenings. this recipe is easy-peasy & soon you'll be makin' waffles every saturday morning.
whole wheat waffle recipe
makes about 5 - 6 waffles
1 3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup white flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
1. turn on your waffle maker & preheat. i purchased our waffle maker from the thrift shop for less than $2.
2. in a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, canola oil, honey, cinnamon & baking soda until well combined.
3. add the dry ingredients - flours, baking powder & salt - & mix until large lumps disappear.
4. once your waffle iron is hot, lather it in butter or oil (we use spray canola oil) & add an appropriate amount of waffle batter to your iron.
5. once all of your waffles are made, add your favorite toppings!
some of our favorite toppings include:
- fresh berries
- peanut butter
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- shredded & dried coconut
now go make some delicious waffles!
waffle people unite!