i am so excited for 2015 - a fresh start, new projects, more memory making & all the good stuff that comes with a new year!
but let's just for a moment tip our hat to 2014.
it was a rad year!
here's a recap of my top ten moments of 2014 (in no particular order)...
photo by nikki toth photography
1. FIVE YEARS - we rocked five years of marriage & celebrated with a romantic dinner on the beach. married at 19 & 20, we've earned that five years! & we still totally dig each other. he's my very best friend & together, we can't wait to rock 105 more years.
2. FARM FRESH - we completed our first year of a farm subscription to our small farm. we sold vegetables, herbs, flowers & eggs. we learned a ton, grew a ton & fell even deeper in love with this community we call our own! it was the hardest of work & most days we were completely exhausted, but every moment was absolutely 100% worth it.
3. KICKBALL - we got together as a church & played the meanest game of kickball this side of the mississippi. it was a gloriously good workout, too. homemade matching game shirts- nailed it.
4. SAYING YES - in 2014, i said yes to my dreams & began blogging/making full-time. it's been the scariest thing i have ever done, but it's the most fulfilling & life giving work i could ever do. my tank is full, y'all.
5. PAINTED BRICK - we had no idea what we were doing, but we did it anyway! happy birthday to me! we painted our house! & we love it. more house changes to come in 2015... yay!
6. #FREEMANSINFLORIDA2014 - we flew to bradenton beach, florida & spent an entire week on the beach. we stared at the ocean, collected seashells, stuffed ourselves with good food, napped, read books, did minimal physical activity & experienced the best darn vacation of all time. bless.
7. FARMHOUSE EC WORKSHOPS - i gathered an amazing group of women & opened our farm up for a day of canning. it was the first ever farmhouse economics workshop & definitely not the last. we came together as strangers & left together as sisters. it was one of my favorite & most inspiring days of 2014.
8. BIKES & BREWS - this past summer, we planned & executed the first ever bikes & brews tour! we gathered with friends & road our bikes on various trails to some of our favorite breweries! it was the best of times; i could spend every weekend doing just this.
9. LADIES WEEKEND - in 2014, we gathered the tribe for the first time ever & headed to branson for a weekend of pooling, shopping, drinking, eating, gaming, laughing & all of the other ladies' weekend appropriate activities. i'm counting down the days until our 2015 weekend (!!!)! these women are my favorite.
10. #NATALIEGETSFIT - I said peace out to gluten, completed my first ever whole30 & dropped 20 pounds in 2014. like any journey, i've gained a few pounds back & learned a whole lot in the process. i am looking forward to continuing this health nut adventure in 2015!
what was your favorite moment of 2014? i would love to read your top ten! please share!