dear ones, are you swimming in cucumbers like we are?
come close as i share my newest recipe with you - quick pickles sweetened with honey! they're crunchy with a touch of sweet. perfect as a side at a potluck, packed in a jar for a picnic or thrown on a lunchtime salad!
honey-sweetened quick dill pickles
4 cups sliced cucumbers
2 cups vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon dill seed
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 teaspoons sea salt
1. place sliced cucumbers in a large bowl & set aside.
2. mix remaining ingredients in a saucepan. bring to a boil on medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the honey & salt.
3. reduce heat to low & simmer for 5 minutes.
4. pour hot liquid over the cucumbers & allow to cool.
5. place bowl of cucumbers in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. to store, put in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid & keep in the fridge.
let me know if you try them! we can't get enough!