friends, i'm feeling heavy this week. are you?
with so much political chatter & noise, it only makes sense to grab a cup of warm tea & huddle down. get cozy. encourage the quiet. to create a list of joys & focus our intentions on those rather than the crazy that may surround us.
today i thought i'd share my list of joys. sometimes it helps to shine a light directly into the darkness.
03.04.16 list of joys
- my quiet time in the morning with a cup of coffee & my daily to-do list
- make-up lunch date with my husband despite a morning full of miscommunications
- the sweet & encouraging ladies at my weekly weight watchers meetings
- phone chats with my dad
- our favorite film festival this weekend & a mini road trip
- a homemade, hubby-made lightbox in my studio
- cottage cheese with grapes (try it!)
- the anticipation of kidding season on the farm
- planting seeds into the cold soil
- the arrival of this book on my doorstep
- late night parenthood binge sessions
- weekly newsletters from 3191
-being brave, stretching ourselves & taking risks
- thursday coffee dates with my dear tribe of closest girlfriends
- my favorite pair of jeans, perfectly worn in
- our growing collection of teas - one chosen every evening & savored
- cheap & delicious thai within walking distance of our studio
- our intentional weekly date nights
- sunday naps
- breakfast for dinner
shine a light, sweet friends.
share a list of your joys with us in the comments!