My Top Five Favorite Podcasts


With the arrival of August comes the desire to make little habit changes that are sure to positively affect the coming season. 

One habit that I've made room for in my daily rhythm is listening to podcasts. I usually listen while I clean the house, run errands & complete repetitive tasks for work. It's an enjoyable way for me to pass the time while staying productive. I also love the conversations that come about with Luke (a podcast junkie!) & friends simply from what I've heard.  


Today I thought I'd share just a handful of podcasts I thoroughly enjoy. I'd also love to read your favorites, too, as I am hoping to add a few more to my weekly rotation! Enjoy!

- How I Built This: I love entrepreneurial podcasts that inspire me to do my work better. I am so motivated by the stories on this podcast of amazing entrepreneurs who built successful businesses all the while taking big risks & often times failing along the way.  

- Elise Gets Crafty: Another entrepreneurial podcast but all about small business. I have actually been interviewed by Elise twice (here & here) so I may be a little biased (ha!), but I love the work that Elise is doing to shed light on the gifts & hardships of being a small business owner & creative.

- Happier with Gretchen Rubin: I am fascinated by habits & the power of choice. I love Gretchen Rubin's books so I knew I'd love her podcast. It does not disappoint! While her voice drives me a little crazy, there is a wealth of knowledge to be enjoyed with each episode.

- S-Town & Serial: Excellent podcasts with a storyline that captivate you, leading you to learn about everyday people living their complicated lives. If you're interested in reading a book but don't quite have the time, this is an excellent way to fuel that desire. 

Honorable mention: Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert though she's no longer recording

Do you listen to podcasts? Share your favorites in the comments below!

love,
natalie

7 comments:

Misti said...

Some of the best are the ones not produced by radio stations or podcast networks!

I love Rich Roll, Slow Home Podcast, Let It Be, Katy Says, The Native Plant Podcast, In Defense of Plants, Creative Pep Talk, The Girl Next Door, Matrimoney, and Friendlier!

Die hard podcast listener since late 2012 here!

Aimee Kollmansberger said...

I really like The Accidental Creative by Todd Henry.
Also The Road Back to You and Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership.

Anonymous said...

I've really enjoyed The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey. She talks all things life, from marriage, fashion, cooking, books, etc. For all ages/life stages of women.

Unknown said...

Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey, for sure!!

Denise Capek said...

Young House Love has a Podcast & Style Matters! (Also love Elise Gets Crafty!)

The Five McKays said...

I've discovered Short and Curly, from Australia - it's a podcast aimed towards kids, but interesting topics to adults as well Perhaps it would instigate some interesting discussions with your nephew? I also love some CBC ones, being from Canada. Under the Influence with Terry O-Reilly Or On Reserve with Rosetta Deerchild, to name a couple.......

The Olive Tree Blog said...

I love Emily Thomas over at Mom Struggling Well! She is so funny...talks about more than just motherhood.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips