a small crafty victory




friends, i am very proud to announce that i have completed my first knit of the season! it just so happens to be my very first hat- not just your average dish cloth or scarf! woo hoo! 

thanks to our weekly stitch n' bitch group & the encouragement of a dear friend, i decided to pick up my circular knitting needles & give knitting in the round a shot, despite my left-handed knitting fails of the past.

meet paprika, the first born hat of many hat babies to come.

{ok, that might be a little too far...}





for the pattern, i used sweet multicrafty's free pattern, "weekend head warmer." it took me about four hours to knit this baby up, but if you're a skilled knitter unlike myself, it should take much less time. 

do let me know if you try knitting this hat!

love,
natalie

p.s. i admire all of the knitting bloggers out there for their perfect knitting photos. the photos were harder than the knitting!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You did a great job. What stitch n' bitch group do you do? I get an FB invite for one every week but the one time I tried to go no one else did! haha I'd love to come knit with you :)

natalie said...

erin, it's a very informal group that just started so i'm sure it's not the one you're talking about. i'll let you know about the next meeting when i hear more details!

emilyclare said...

it looks beautiful and cosy, and the colour suits you perfectly :)

Emily said...

Super cute! Love the pattern! Way to go, lady!

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

I think these pictures are great! You're so cute! Lovely.

Luke Freeman said...

You look gorgeous in these photos! And your hat looks beautiful, too! I'm so proud of you.

Kelton said...

i love this! this hat is so pretty. i started knitting hats last winter and i'm so excited for knitting season again. i will definitely try this pattern soon!

danika said...

What a lovely hat! Congratulations. :) That color is beautiful on you!

Anonymous said...

This hat is so cute! I don't think I've ever commented before, but I've been reading for a year or so. Just wanted to say that I find your posts refreshing and inspiring. They remind me to take a deep breath and refocus on what is important. Thank you :)

erin said...

lovely, lovely, lovely! i too am beginning my first hat! after finishing a cowl i think i can do it, and am pretty excited.

Open Roads Mama said...

90beautiful! thank you for sharing the pattern link, I must make one of these soon, it looks fantastic!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips