autumn is slowly creeping into our kitchen, but i am holding tight to the end of summer. happenings in our late summer kitchen...
- i spent an early morning this week chopping up the (almost) last of our bell peppers. i like to freeze the extras for the winter months. you can't beat fajitas & stir fry late in the year with summer's bell peppers.
- we gathered our first americauna egg from the coop this week. packaging up eggs this week for our dear customer (soon to be more in the spring!) was so exciting & colorful! thank you, penny, for the sweet green egg!
- we are still knee deep in blackberries & raspberries from the farm so i am freezing them by the gallons & placing them in the deep freezer for those late winter smoothies we enjoy so much.
- i hope to get out into the garden this weekend to harvest basil for pesto making & the last of our tomatoes for spaghetti sauce.
- our collection of succulents in coffee tins is growing thanks to sweet friends & housewarming gifts.
- i made this delicious turkey chili in the crock pot this week. it was perfect for dinner paired with tortilla chips.
- luke is bringing home brown bags full of apples from the farm. i am gifting baskets full of apples to friends & filling jars with warm cinnamon applesauce. yum!
- we will be enjoying fried rice & sweet potatoes this week along with pizza night on saturday!
it's a happening place in the kitchen this week.
what are you doing in your kitchen these days?