y'all, it's Stitch Fixtime!!!
if you haven't been around for long, here's my story on my #dressinhappinessdaily project & why i decided to give stitch fix a try!
i usually receive a fix every 2-3 months, but this month i tried the 2-3 week option because i received such a great box last time & i was in need of 1. church dresses for the cooler months & 2. a winter coat.
friends, i am so excited to share all of the details about my third stitch fix with you!
1. the cutest winter coat ever: i absolutely loved the style of this winter coat. it was a thick camel wool with wooden buttons, cream embroidered detailing & the sweetest plaid hood. the arms fit just right, but sadly my body swam in it. when unbuttoned i could almost wrap it around my body like a robe so i tearfully sent it back.
2. thin colored pants: i requested a pair of colored pants for this fix to go with my jean jacket from the previous fix. i loved the color of these pants, but i was disappointed by the quality. at almost $100, i was shocked to find out just how thin these pants are. i realize stretchy pants are on trend right now, but this sister needs a little more substance. you win some, ya lose some.
3. cute stripe top: i love, love, loved this top. sadly, it wasn't really a "need" right now. the detailing was so cute, but the shirt was much more of a layering piece so the cream embroidery would have been hidden anyway. it killed me to send this back (still feeling slight regret, ha!), but i know there are more amazing stitch fix pieces to come.
4. simple grey purse: i was surprised to find an accessory in my fix given i only requested clothing, but there she was! i like the style of this purse & the gold detailing, but i prefer supporting my maker friends, the barefoot seamstress & better life bags, when possible.
5. the paisley "out of the box" dress: y'all, this piece was a shocker for me. i would have never picked out this pattern on my own, but stitch fix is all about pulling us out of our comfort zones. when on, i couldn't resist this amazing cut. i wore it to church on sunday & received a ton of compliments. i can't wait to get a pair of knit creamy tights & wear them with this dress, my ankle boots & a fun cardigan. i kept this piece & love it!
overall, this Stitch Fixwas just ok. i have already scheduled a fix for early november to fill in a handful of holes in my winter wardrobe. stitch fix beats going shopping at the big box store any day & i love the extra push to try new & interesting pieces (like my paisley dress)!
do you want to give Stitch Fixa try? just click here: Stitch Fix... & connect with your own stylist today! yay!